- Do not harass, abuse, or threaten another member. If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject and not to the person.
- Do not use hate speech. Hate speech is unacceptable, and NTVB reserves the right to take appropriate action against any account using the service to post, transmit, promote, distribute, or facilitate the distribution of content intended to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the context and intended audience of the online areas that you visit. It is your responsibility to review and abide by those standards and ensure that your activity, language, and electronic transmissions are appropriate for that particular area. What is appropriate in some areas or contexts may not be appropriate in others.
- Do not impersonate any person, business, or other entity. Doing so in an attempt to deceive, harass, or otherwise mislead another member is forbidden. You may not pretend to be an employee or representative of NTVB or any of the NTVB Media, Inc. family of companies or affiliates.
NTVB has zero tolerance for illegal activity on the service. It is your responsibility to know and abide by the law. If you fail to do so, NTVB reserves the right to take any action it deems warranted.
- You (or others using your account) may not publish, post, transmit, promote, or distribute material (including software, photos, sounds, and written material) that is illegal or incites illegal activity, or use the NTVB Network to conduct illegal activities. We terminate accounts and cooperate with law enforcement on such matters.
- We and our partners reserve the right to monitor and moderate public areas such as chat rooms and message boards.
Protect your children, your privacy, and your NTVB account
Children are important members of our online community. NTVB takes extra steps to protect their safety and improve their online experience. In addition to the protections that we and our partners put in place, we expect our members to uphold the highest standards to create a safe and rewarding online experience for children:
- Parents are responsible for their child’s behavior online. We expect each child’s participation in all areas of the service, including chat and message boards, to reflect the appropriate community standards. Things that may be acceptable elsewhere on the service may not be acceptable within those areas. We encourage parents to review the community of their child’s favorite online areas. If a child incurs a violation using any Username on the account, NTVB will notify the primary master Username.
- Protect your NTVB account. Remember: NTVB employees will NEVER ask for your password or billing information.
- For your own protection, change your password often. It is forbidden to solicit password and/or billing or credit card information from NTVB members.
- Be wary of computer files, images, and software from individuals you don't know. Remain current and vigilant on how to best protect your billing information, your account, and your computer.
Use the NTVB network responsibly and exercise common sense
- We prohibit unauthorized use of the NTVB Network. This includes distribution of unsolicited commercial or bulk communications and any material containing software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment. We will take all legal and technical measures to prevent such abuse.
- When participating in other Internet products, you are subject to those standards, which may be different from NTVBs community guidelines.
- There are many valuable sites on the rest of the Internet, but standards and norms vary broadly. NTVB cannot remove or otherwise take action with respect to the content and conduct you may encounter on these websites. You should review the policies for each website you visit.
- If you encounter member-generated content that you find objectionable, and if the tools are not sufficient to address the member who you believe is violating the community guidelines, you can alert NTVB by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a member violates the community guidelines, NTVB will issue written warnings. If the violation(s) are serious, NTVB may suspend or terminate the account. Similarly, if someone reports you to us, believing that your content or conduct has violated the community guidelines, we will investigate and may take action on your account.