Elvis Costello: Mystery Dance "He wants to keep things dangerous"
SHOWTIME, 9:00 PM ET
Musical documentarian Mark Kidel directed this portrait of the London-born singer-songwriter, who grew up as the son of dance band singer Ross McManus but forged his own distinctive identity as an adult.
The product of a Catholic education that left a deep mark on him, Costello has frequently reinvented himself to experiment with different genres ranging from country to classical to jazz and soul. In any style, however, his work always features dazzling wordplay.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Marlon Wayans' new comedy, "Marlon," laughs at life when it doesn't work exactly to plan
- Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman star in USA Network's moody "whydunnit," The Sinner
- Story of a Girl: Kyra Sedgwick Adapts Sara Zarr’s Novel Into a Family-Affair Film
- Game of Thrones Season 7: Isaac Hempstead Wright says “Bran Should Be Very, Very Frightened!”
- CBS' "Salvation" rescues the world from a planet-killing asteroid hurtling toward Earth