Elvis Costello: Mystery Dance "He wants to keep things dangerous"
SHOWTIME, 9:00 PM ET
Musical documentarian Mark Kidel directed this portrait of the London-born singer-songwriter, who grew up as the son of dance band singer Ross McManus but forged his own distinctive identity as an adult.
The product of a Catholic education that left a deep mark on him, Costello has frequently reinvented himself to experiment with different genres ranging from country to classical to jazz and soul. In any style, however, his work always features dazzling wordplay.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- 'Gwen Stefani's You Make Me Feel Like Christmas' is a One-Hour Party of Music, Dancing, Fun
- Burnett Talks Five Decades of Funny Before 'The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special'
- Networks Kick-Off Holiday TV: Here Are Our Festive Favorites
- All Aboard With Hallmark's New Hall of Fame Arrival, 'The Christmas Train'
- America’s Most Famous Kidnap Victim Reclaims Her Truth In Lifetime Biopic, 'I Am Elizabeth Smart'