Elvis Costello: Mystery Dance "He wants to keep things dangerous"
SHOWTIME, 9:00 PM ET
Musical documentarian Mark Kidel directed this portrait of the London-born singer-songwriter, who grew up as the son of dance band singer Ross McManus but forged his own distinctive identity as an adult.
The product of a Catholic education that left a deep mark on him, Costello has frequently reinvented himself to experiment with different genres ranging from country to classical to jazz and soul. In any style, however, his work always features dazzling wordplay.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- NatGeo expands Morgan Freeman's 'Story' Franchise from God to Man in 'The Story of Us'
- Ovation's period drama, 'The Halcyon,' exquisitely mixes British aristocracy, staff and eclectic guests in a 5-star hotel at the cusp of WWII
- Today's best college football games on TV
- Mandy Moore admits that "This is Us" makes her cry too
- Elizabeith Moss, Nicole Kidman awe in the return of Jane Compton's knockout serial: Top of the Lake: China Girl