Fox brings horror parody, Scream, to primetime tonight
FOX, 8:00 PM ET
The sleepy little town of Woodsboro just woke up screaming. There's a killer in their midst who's seen a few too many scary movies. Suddenly nobody is safe, as the psychopath stalks victims, taunts them with trivia questions, then rips them to bloody shreds. It could be anybody.
Veteran horror director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson created a new genre with this franchise-launching 1996 thriller: the horror parody. But we're not talking over-the-top parody in the "Naked Gun" vein ... this is a real horror movie with a sly wink toward the conventions of the category, with characters who have seen enough slasher films to know all the tricks. Stars include Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and (in the opening sequence) Drew Barrymore.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Marlon Wayans' new comedy, "Marlon," laughs at life when it doesn't work exactly to plan
- Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman star in USA Network's moody "whydunnit," The Sinner
- Story of a Girl: Kyra Sedgwick Adapts Sara Zarr’s Novel Into a Family-Affair Film
- Game of Thrones Season 7: Isaac Hempstead Wright says “Bran Should Be Very, Very Frightened!”
- CBS' "Salvation" rescues the world from a planet-killing asteroid hurtling toward Earth