Fox brings horror parody, Scream, to primetime tonight
FOX, 8:00 PM ET
The sleepy little town of Woodsboro just woke up screaming. There's a killer in their midst who's seen a few too many scary movies. Suddenly nobody is safe, as the psychopath stalks victims, taunts them with trivia questions, then rips them to bloody shreds. It could be anybody.
Veteran horror director Wes Craven and writer Kevin Williamson created a new genre with this franchise-launching 1996 thriller: the horror parody. But we're not talking over-the-top parody in the "Naked Gun" vein ... this is a real horror movie with a sly wink toward the conventions of the category, with characters who have seen enough slasher films to know all the tricks. Stars include Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and (in the opening sequence) Drew Barrymore.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- NatGeo expands Morgan Freeman's 'Story' Franchise from God to Man in 'The Story of Us'
- Ovation's period drama, 'The Halcyon,' exquisitely mixes British aristocracy, staff and eclectic guests in a 5-star hotel at the cusp of WWII
- Today's best college football games on TV
- Mandy Moore admits that "This is Us" makes her cry too
- Elizabeith Moss, Nicole Kidman awe in the return of Jane Compton's knockout serial: Top of the Lake: China Girl