Michelle Dockery Makes Being Bad Look Good On TNT's "Good Behavior"
TNT, Nov. 15, 9:00 PM ET
By Lori Acken
Brace yourselves, Downton Abbey fans. The walking, talking raw wound that is Michelle Dockery’s Letty Raines in the sizzling TNT thrill ride Good Behavior, which premieres Tuesday, is about as far from Downton’s icy, elegant Lady Mary Crawley as the actress could get. But you may not mind one bit.
Dockery is a force as Letty, a troubled but talented con who can’t get herself straight, despite an empathetic parole officer (an intriguing relationship she’ll play with Oz’s Terry Kinney) and a desperate longing to be a worthy parent to her preteen son, left in the care of Letty’s bitter mom (Lusia Strus).
When Letty crosses paths — and matches wits — with charismatic hitman Javier (your next TV crush, Juan Diego Botto), her life is hurled down a seductively dangerous path. And viewers wonder if twisted salvation or total destruction awaits.
“It’s like nothing I’d ever read before,” says Dockery. “I just wanted to play her so badly when I read it and I was thrilled that the creators had such faith in me that I could do something very different.”
In large part because, this time, Dockery’s playing a woman who doesn’t — or possibly can’t — give a damn what the world thinks of her and her exploits.
“That’s the difference with this female character, and what I was drawn to,” Dockery beams. “And that’s why it’s so enjoyable to watch — because she does these things and she doesn’t apologize!”
Lady Mary might approve.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- 'Castle Rock': Creepy New Hulu Series Delves Into Stephen King's Famous Fictional Town
- 'In Search Of': The Iconic '70s Series Returns to Explore the Unknown With a 21st-Century Approach
- 'Take Two': Cibrian and Bilson Spark Conflict and Chemistry in This Lighthearted Murder Series
- 'Endeavor': The Beloved 'Masterpiece' Series Gets Extra Episodes for Season 5
- Yellowstone: Kevin Costner Returns to TV In a Sweeping 'Wild West Meets Big Business' Series