'Murphy Brown' is Back to Take On the New Age of News
CBS, Thursday, Sept. 27, 9:30 PM ET
By Lori Acken
TV’s favorite sharp-tongued newswoman returns a full 20 years after she went off the air.
On Thursday, CBS resurrects Murphy Brown, the beloved sitcom that ran from 1988-98. In the new incarnation, veteran journalist Brown (Candice Bergen) returns to the airwaves in response to “a divided nation, chaotic national discourse and rampant attacks on the press.” And she’s not coming alone.
Murphy convinces her old FYI team — lifestyle reporter Corky Sherwood (Faith Ford), investigative reporter Frank Fontana (Joe Regalbuto) and frequently exasperated producer Miles Silverberg (Grant Shaud) — to sign on for a new daytime talk show.
But another character familiar to Murphy Brown fans is also back and then some. Murphy’s biggest on-air competitor in her new time slot is none other than Avery Brown (Jake McDorman), now all grown up and of a sociopolitical mindset that’s a far cry from his mom’s.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- 'Whiskey Cavalier:' Scott Foley and Lauren Cohan Playfully Mix Action and Intrigue
- 'Manifest's' Shocking Finale: Star Melissa Roxburgh Spills On The Big Secrets Ahead
- 'Proven Innocent' - Kelsey Grammer, Rachelle Lefevre Face Off In New Legal Drama
- Rich and Ruthless 'Riviera' - Julia Stiles Navigates Glamour, Intrigue in South of France Art World
- 'Rent' Live On Fox: Jordan Fisher Stars In Role Of His Dreams