10th Annual ACM Honors™
Friday, September 9 at 9 PM ET/PT on CBS Television Network
The Academy of Country Music hosts the 10th Annual ACM Honors™, an evening dedicated to celebrating special honorees and off-camera category winners from the 51st Academy of Country Music Awards. The event was held at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN.
Hosted by ten-time ACM Award-winning group, Lady Antebellum, the evening features an all-star lineup of live performances, award presentations celebrating honorees including Special Awards recipients Glen Campbell, Crystal Gayle, Eddie Rabbitt, (awarded posthumously), Tanya Tucker, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Jeff Walker (awarded posthumously), Jimmy Webb, Little Big Town and The Statler Brothers. Studio Recording Awards recipients included Jim ‘Moose’ Brown, Dave Cobb, Shannon Forrest, Paul Franklin, Justin Niebank, Danny Rader, Michael Rhodes and Derek Wells. Ross Copperman was also honored as Songwriter of the Year.
Additionally, Jason Aldean became the seventh artist to ever accept the prestigious ACM Triple Crown Award; an award that is given to those who have won New Male/Female Vocalist of the Year, Male/Female Vocalist of the Year and Entertainer of the Year.
In another historic moment, following her performance of “Misery and Gin,” Miranda Lambert was presented onstage with the inaugural ACM Merle Haggard Spirit Award, honoring Lambert for her uncompromising spirit. The ACM Merle Haggard Spirit Award, created this year, is awarded to a singer-songwriter and performer whose career reflects the uncompromising integrity and steadfastness of spirit embodied by the late Merle Haggard. Beyond crafting iconic songs and delivering genuine performances, this deserving artist—like Haggard—is characterized by their singular vision in carving an indelible path in country music.
Artists who performed in tribute to honorees included:
• Kelsea Ballerini performed “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue” in tribute to Crystal Gayle.
Dierks Bentley performed “Freedom” in tribute to Ross Copperman, joined onstage by participants of the ACM Lifting Lives Music Camp.
• Luke Bryan and Cole Swindell performed “I Love A Rainy Night” in tribute to Eddie Rabbitt.
Alicia Keys and Cam performed a special duet of “Girl Crush” in tribute to Little Big Town.
Maren Morris performed “Delta Dawn” in tribute to Tanya Tucker.
• Chris Young and Dan + Shay performed “Flowers on the Wall” in tribute to The Statler Brothers.
• The Band Perry performed “MacArthur Park” in tribute to Jimmy Webb.
• In a special moment that concluded the show, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Keith Urban and Dierks Bentley performed an all-star medley in a tribute to Glen Campbell. The medley consisted of Campbell’s hits “Southern Nights,” “Gentle On My Mind,” “Wichita Linemen,” “By The Time I Get To Phoenix” and the iconic “Rhinestone Cowboy.”
Presenters who took the stage included Blake Shelton, Cole Swindell, Dierks Bentley, Emmylou Harris, Kelsea Ballerini, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Maren Morris, Martina McBride, Mike Fisher, Thomas Rhett, and Toby Keith.