“Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen” Returns on Thursday, December 8
Bravo Media reveals the eight returning chefs back for redemption on the new season of the “Top Chef.” It’s the ultimate challenge of old blood versus new, on the Emmy and James Beard Award winning series, as the chefs head to Charleston to battle it out alongside eight talented “Top Chef” newcomers.
- Sam Talbot (Season 2: Los Angeles) Brooklyn, NY
- Casey Thompson (Season 3: Miami & Season 8: All-Stars) Napa Valley, CA
- Amanda Baumgarten (Season 7: Washington, D.C.) Chicago, IL
- Brooke Williamson (Season 10: Seattle) Los Angeles, CA
- Sheldon Simeon (Season 10: Seattle) Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
- John Tesar (Season 10: Seattle) Dallas, TX
- Shirley Chung (Season 11: New Orleans) Orange County, CA
- Katsuji Tanabe (Season 12: Boston) Los Angeles, CA
In the season premiere episode,“Something Old, Something New,” the new chefs enter the kitchen first and must cook as many dishes as possible in one hour using a whole chicken. Then the veterans square off to reimagine shrimp and grits. In the end, the chef with the worst dish in each group will go head-to-head in a sudden-death cook off.
Season 14 is hosted by Padma Lakshmi, along with head judge Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons and “Top Chef Masters” alum, Graham Elliot.