Premieres Sunday, August 6 at 8 PM ET/PT on Syfy
Margaret Cho and Many More Set to Join the Mission
This latest installment in the hit pop culture franchise will air in more than 100 countries. So pack your passport and grab a chainsaw, because SHARKNADO is going global! Taking the world and unsuspecting celebrities by storm.
As shark-infested storms grow stronger and more complex, the world braces for the inevitable -- a global sharknado. This year, the mission gets personal for chainsaw-wielding leader Fin Shepard (Ian Ziering) and his bionic wife, April (Tara Reid), when their young son gets trapped in a sharknado and is transported all over the world. In order to preserve the future of humanity, our heroes will look towards the past, investigating the shark-meets-nado origins found in cave drawings and Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, naturally.
The film’s official tagline, “Make America Bait Again!,” is the result of a fan-sourced social initiative launched this April. Calling on fans for inspiration, SYFY invitedFacebook users to submit their most creative and outrageous ideas via an interactive bot.
- Fabio (Model) as the Pope
- Tony Hawk (Professional skateboarder) as a masterful weapons operative strategist
- Clay Aiken (Musician) as Llewelyn, a cutting edge technology genius
- Olivia Newton-John (Musician) and daughter Chloe Lattanzi as Orion and Electra, two brilliant scientists who help defend Australia from a looming Sharknado
- Bret Michaels (Musician) as a visiting artist that gets trapped in the storm
- Margaret Cho (Comedian) as a fussy bride whose honeymoon is interrupted by sharks
- Charo (Musician, Comedian) as The Queen of England
- Gilbert Gottfried (Comedian) as storm chaser Ron McDonald
- “Today” hosts Al Roker, Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb as themselves
- Olympic diving medalists Greg Louganis as Zico, a high-end art thief, and Tom Daley as himself
- Olympic freeskiing medalist Gus Kenworthy and NBC News investigative correspondent Jeff Rossen as themselves
- Porsha Williams (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”) as Andromeda, an archeologist and member of the elite “Sharknado Sisterhood”
- Tiffany “New York” Pollard (“Flavor of Love”) as Vega, a Brazilian black market artifacts dealer
- Chris Kattan (“Saturday Night Live”) as The Prime Minister of England
- Cat Greenleaf (“Talk Stoop”) and Dan Fogler (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”) as themselves
- Ross Mullan (“Game of Thrones” White Walker) as Dr. Wobbegon, a scientist who has made breakthroughs in meteorological studies to track Sharknado storms
Also reprising their roles from previous installments are Cassie Scerbo, Masiela Lusha and Cody Linley.