Season Premieres with Back-to-Back Episodes
Wednesday, November 1 starting at 10 PM & 10:30 PM ET/PT on IFC
IFC’s Stan Against Evil, returns with leads John C. McGinley (Scrubs) as Stan Miller, the curmudgeonly retired police-sheriff, and Janet Varney (You’re The Worst) as Evie Barret, the current sheriff in Willard’s Mill determined to wipe out the demons that plague their quaint New England town.
Deborah Baker Jr. (The Great Indoors) and Nate Mooney (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) also return to co-star as Denise Miller, Stan’s absent-minded, do-good daughter, and Deputy Leon Drinkwater, Evie’s right hand man, respectively. Season 2 of the horror-comedy series will include many new guest stars over eight half-hour episodes.
The new season picks up where the Season 1 finale cliffhanger left off, with Sheriff Evie Barret (Varney) stranded in the year 1692, accused of being a witch and about to be burned at the stake. Despite his best attempts to never leave his couch, the disgruntled Stan Miller (McGinley) must begrudgingly solve the mystery of Evie’s time-travelling disappearance. Throughout the season, the unlikely team will continue to battle against the unconventional demons trying to take over their town, which continue to pop up in every size, shape, and animal-form.
In the season two premiere, “Black Hat Society part 1,” airing at 10 PM, Stan meets descendants of a Wiccan coven, the Black Hat Society, who help him start to solve the mystery of Evelyn.
In the season episode, “Black Hat Society part 2,” airing at 10:30 PM, Stan can travel back in time to save Evie, but she will forever be a ghost unless they can get rid of someone else from the past.
Season two guest stars will include:
- Denise Boutte (Meet The Browns) as Lara Bouchard, a local who may know more about the town’s demonic creatures than she lets on.
- Jeffrey Combs (Gotham) as the Impish Man, a Willard’s Mill newcomer who loves nothing more than a good bet.
- David Koechner (Anchorman) as Kenny, Evie’s incorrigible ex-husband who, to Evie’s dismay, creates a friendship with Stan.
- Steven Ogg (The Walking Dead) as Rusty, a cowboy from the past who takes a particular liking to Evie.
- Patty McCormack (The Bad Seed) as Priscilla, the knowledgeable owner of an antiques store.