The Year: 2014 - ABC special runs down the year's hottest topics
ABC, 9:00 PM ET
For the fourth consecutive year, ABC News brings viewers the brightest and most unbelievable moments from the last year in a star-studded two-hour special hosted by Robin Roberts.
From the highs and lows in politics to the major news events like the racial unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, the Ebola virus outbreak, and the threat from ISIS; from the headline-making celebrity romantic breakups and shakeups to the marriage of the eternal bachelor, George Clooney, the special features details on these and all the other big stories of the past year.
The Year: 2014 will showcase the stars who inspired women to embrace their bodies and their independence like Taylor Swift, Iggy Azalea, and Ariana Grande, and feature interviews with some of the notable names of 2014 including “All About That Bass” singer Meghan Trainor, and an exclusive interview with Amy Van Dyken, the Olympic swimmer paralyzed in an ATV accident.
From Frozen to Shonda Rhimes, from the everyday heroes who inspired the world with their bravery and messages of hope, to the public figures who landed on our “Dishonor Roll,” from the courtroom dramas that captivated the nation, to the viral videos that reverberated around the world, The Year: 2014 is the ultimate wrap up.
Roberts is joined for this year’s special by the award-winning anchors and correspondents of ABC News, including David Muir, Dan Abrams, Lara Spencer, George Stephanopoulos, Amy Robach, Juju Chang, Dan Harris, and Michael Strahan, who will all contribute reports.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- 'Gwen Stefani's You Make Me Feel Like Christmas' is a One-Hour Party of Music, Dancing, Fun
- Burnett Talks Five Decades of Funny Before 'The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special'
- Networks Kick-Off Holiday TV: Here Are Our Festive Favorites
- All Aboard With Hallmark's New Hall of Fame Arrival, 'The Christmas Train'
- America’s Most Famous Kidnap Victim Reclaims Her Truth In Lifetime Biopic, 'I Am Elizabeth Smart'