Tina Fey, Amy Poehler host The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards
NBC, 8:00 PM ET / Pre-show and red carpet at 7:00 PM ET Tina Fey, Amy Poehler host
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return for a third and final time as cohosts of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Golden Globe Awards, broadcast live from the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills.
Look for George Clooney to take home this year’s Cecil B. DeMille Award.
MLive.com suggests which movies will win and which should win.
The star-studded awards show was founded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), which was started by a handful of overseas journalists in the 1940s who sought to bridge the international community with Hollywood, and to provide a distraction to the hardships of war. Seventy years later, members of the HFPA represent 55 countries with a combined readership of 250 million in some of the world’s most respected publications. Each year, HFPA holds the third most watched awards show on television, the Golden Globe Awards, which have enabled the organization to donate more than $18 million to entertainment related charities and scholarship programs.
NBC will air the Golden Globe Arrivals Special (4-5 p.m. PT, 7-8 p.m. ET) pre-show just prior to The 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards tonight. The Today show’s Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Natalie Morales and Carson Daly will host the pre-show, featuring interviews with the biggest stars from television and film, and revealing the eagerly-awaited red carpet fashions worn on Hollywood’s biggest night.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- 'Gwen Stefani's You Make Me Feel Like Christmas' is a One-Hour Party of Music, Dancing, Fun
- Burnett Talks Five Decades of Funny Before 'The Carol Burnett 50th Anniversary Special'
- Networks Kick-Off Holiday TV: Here Are Our Festive Favorites
- All Aboard With Hallmark's New Hall of Fame Arrival, 'The Christmas Train'
- America’s Most Famous Kidnap Victim Reclaims Her Truth In Lifetime Biopic, 'I Am Elizabeth Smart'