All eyes on American Pharoah in quest for Triple Crown today on NBC, 4:30 PM ET
NBC, 4:30 PM ET American Pharoah with Jorge Alvarez up streches out at Belmont Park yesterday
Photo: Bryan Smith/ZUMA Press/Newscom
All eyes will be on New York's Belmont Park this afternoon as American Pharoah tries to do what no three-year-old has done since Affirmed in 1978, win all three legs of Thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown. But the distance of today's Belmont Stakes -- a grueling 1 1/2 miles -- has proven to be a deal breaker for many a hopeful. After American Pharoah's dominating win in the Preakness Stakes three weeks ago, trainer Bob Baffert hopes his horse is the exception.
This marks the third time in four years that Belmont Park has hosted a Triple Crown hopeful.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Marlon Wayans' new comedy, "Marlon," laughs at life when it doesn't work exactly to plan
- Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman star in USA Network's moody "whydunnit," The Sinner
- Story of a Girl: Kyra Sedgwick Adapts Sara Zarr’s Novel Into a Family-Affair Film
- Game of Thrones Season 7: Isaac Hempstead Wright says “Bran Should Be Very, Very Frightened!”
- CBS' "Salvation" rescues the world from a planet-killing asteroid hurtling toward Earth