College Football Playoffs: Orange Bowl at 4 PM, Cotton Bowl at 8 PM, both on ESPN
Alabama running back and Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry at Cotton Bowl Media Day
Photo: William Purnell, Icon Sportswire/Newscom
ESPN: Orange Bowl, 4:00 PM ET / Cotton Bowl, 8:00 PM ET
College football's playoff system was a hit last year after replacing the Bowl Championship Series, and it's back for a second go-round with a pair of games that will determine the combatants for the Jan. 11 National Championship Game.
The slate begins in Miami with the Orange Bowl, in which No. 4 Oklahoma will take on top-ranked Clemson. That's followed by the Cotton Bowl from Arlington, Texas, where No. 3 Michigan State will face No. 2 Alabama.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Marlon Wayans' new comedy, "Marlon," laughs at life when it doesn't work exactly to plan
- Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman star in USA Network's moody "whydunnit," The Sinner
- Story of a Girl: Kyra Sedgwick Adapts Sara Zarr’s Novel Into a Family-Affair Film
- Game of Thrones Season 7: Isaac Hempstead Wright says “Bran Should Be Very, Very Frightened!”
- CBS' "Salvation" rescues the world from a planet-killing asteroid hurtling toward Earth