College Football Playoffs: Orange Bowl at 4 PM, Cotton Bowl at 8 PM, both on ESPN
Alabama running back and Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry at Cotton Bowl Media Day
Photo: William Purnell, Icon Sportswire/Newscom
ESPN: Orange Bowl, 4:00 PM ET / Cotton Bowl, 8:00 PM ET
College football's playoff system was a hit last year after replacing the Bowl Championship Series, and it's back for a second go-round with a pair of games that will determine the combatants for the Jan. 11 National Championship Game.
The slate begins in Miami with the Orange Bowl, in which No. 4 Oklahoma will take on top-ranked Clemson. That's followed by the Cotton Bowl from Arlington, Texas, where No. 3 Michigan State will face No. 2 Alabama.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Alan Cumming Brings Brainy Wit to CBS' Groundbreaking New Police Procedural, "Instinct"
- American Idol is Back and "The Cinderella Story is Still Alive"
- Kimmel's Back to Host Academy Awards: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
- Good Girls: Three Moms. A Trip To The Grocery. A Lot More Than Dinner Is Cooking.
- Ovation's Slick Drama 'X Company' is Based on Real-Life World War II Spies