College Football Playoffs: Orange Bowl at 4 PM, Cotton Bowl at 8 PM, both on ESPN
Alabama running back and Heisman Trophy winner Derrick Henry at Cotton Bowl Media Day
Photo: William Purnell, Icon Sportswire/Newscom
ESPN: Orange Bowl, 4:00 PM ET / Cotton Bowl, 8:00 PM ET
College football's playoff system was a hit last year after replacing the Bowl Championship Series, and it's back for a second go-round with a pair of games that will determine the combatants for the Jan. 11 National Championship Game.
The slate begins in Miami with the Orange Bowl, in which No. 4 Oklahoma will take on top-ranked Clemson. That's followed by the Cotton Bowl from Arlington, Texas, where No. 3 Michigan State will face No. 2 Alabama.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Scott Gimple Talks War and Peace With Us in Season 8 of The Walking Dead
- NatGeo expands Morgan Freeman's 'Story' Franchise from God to Man in 'The Story of Us'
- Ovation's period drama, 'The Halcyon,' exquisitely mixes British aristocracy, staff and eclectic guests in a 5-star hotel at the cusp of WWII
- Today's best college football games on TV
- Mandy Moore admits that "This is Us" makes her cry too