Hyundai offers respite from deep freeze with PGA season tee-off in Kapalua, Hawaii
GOLF, 8:00 PM ET PGA tees up 2015 season with Hyundai Tournament of Champions
While much of the country is in a deep freeze and anticipating record low temperatures, the PGA and Hyundai offer a respite from the cold with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions.
It will be sunny and in the high 70s and low 80s at the Plantation Course at Kapalua in Maui, Hawaii this week, where Tour event winners from 2014 such as Bubba Watson, Patrick Reed, Matt Kuchar, Martin Kaymer and Jason Day try to unseat last year's champion, Zach Johnson. At the 2014 Tournament, Johnson had a four-day total of 273 (-19) and bested Jordon Spieth by one stroke to take the win. Johnson picked up a new Hyundai Equus for the effort along with the winner's check.
The event in Maui offers a warm visual relief from the cold snap sweeping across much of the nation.
The Hyundai Tournament of Champions marks the start of the PGA season and Golf Channel will broadcast the event live Jan. 9 - 12. Tonight features the Pro-Am. Hyundai provides a complete roundup of Tournament and related activities.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- "Episodes" epilogue: Showtime's Hollywood satire turns its final page
- Marlon Wayans' new comedy, "Marlon," laughs at life when it doesn't work exactly to plan
- Jessica Biel, Bill Pullman star in USA Network's moody "whydunnit," The Sinner
- Story of a Girl: Kyra Sedgwick Adapts Sara Zarr’s Novel Into a Family-Affair Film
- Game of Thrones Season 7: Isaac Hempstead Wright says “Bran Should Be Very, Very Frightened!”