One last time? The Broncos' Manning v. The Patriots' Brady for the AFC Championship
CBS, 3:05 PM ET
Two of the greatest contemporary NFL quarterbacks square-off in the AFC Championship game today as Tom Brady and the New England Patriots face Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
The two quarterbacks have faced each other four times in the playoffs with wins split 2-2. Three of the four matchups have been for the AFC Championship, and Manning has the edge in wins in these games, 2-1. Overall, the quarterbacks have gone head-to-head 16 times, with Brady holding the edge, 11-5. Las Vegas oddmakers have New England as a slight favorite to win today despite the fact that Denver has the home field advantage and beat the Patriots 30-24 in overtime in Week 12.
Many believe this will be the final matchup between long-time rivals Brady and Manning, as the ravages of an 18-year NFL career -- including surgery for a neck injury in 2011 -- seem to point to Manning's retirement following this season.
Other articles in News & Blogs:
- Ovation's Slick Drama 'X Company' is Based on Real-Life World War II Spies
- The 2018 Winter Olympics Brings the World Together Through Sports
- 'The Simone Biles Story:' From Foster Care to America's Most Decorated Gymnast
- TV Weekly Cover Features Film Adaptation of Al Roker's novel for Hallmark's 'Morning Show Mystery: Mortal Mishaps'
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Stuns in 'Cocaine Godmother: The Griselda Blanco Story'